I'm a self-employed programmer with far too much interest in learning new things that I'll probably never have chance to use in real life.
My day job consists of pulling data from a database, displaying it on a window, waiting for the user to make some edits and then saving the data back into the database. Sound familiar? If I'm lucky, I get to generate a report or send an email along the way. Pardon me while I yawn.
My out-of-work activities involve trying to get my head around the sort of stuff I'd really like to do for a job, like machine learning, natural algorithms and so on. I dabble in these, occasionally post some ramblings on my blog (that no-one reads, so I can post what I like). I'm a huge fan of Linq, and have been trying to learn F# recently.
Out of work hours, I like tickling my children (I have lots to tickle!), growing carnivorous plants and studying ancient legal texts.
Member for 3 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 10 at 17:05
- Stack Overflow 5.1k 5.1k 44 gold badges2929 silver badges
- Software Engineering 939 939 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Information Security 695 695 11 gold badge55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 413 413 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Code Review 223 223 77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 72 What's the safest way to inform a new user of their password on an invite-only website?
- 58 Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server, Failed to register URL, Access is denied
- 43 How do I add a "last updated" column in a SQL Server 2008 R2 table?
- 32 How do we know that the next generation will be better?
- 27 Really awful 1970s movie about mercury dumped in a lake that caused monsters to attack
- 24 Visual Studio not downloading DLL for NuGet package
- 16 Railway Oriented programming in C# - How do I write the switch function?
- View more network posts →