For my day job, I design software and train and lead software professionals. In my free time, I do astronomy (I've published research articles in peer-reviewed journals.), cook, read, and write stories. Other interests include sailing, travel, cryptography, math, science, reading, movies, and good food.
Up Voting Policy: My voting policy can be summed up in 3 words. Quotes get votes! I am more likely to vote for answers that are not only correct but also provide citations, quotes from original sources, and links. I often ignore answers that might be correct but provide nothing to back them up, or are mere speculation.
Down Voting Policy: I rarely vote an answer or question down. I often prefer to leave a comment first so the person can improve their post. If they don't improve it after a few days, I may down-vote it for being off topic, provably incorrect, or rude.
200 Point Limit Policy: I dislike that Stack-Exchange does not allow us to earn more than 200 points per day. When people get more than 200 points, this site caps them anything beyond 200 is lost. If somebody has a really good question or answer, they deserve every point they get. To get around that, I sometimes wait a few days after a popular question or answer is posted before up-voting it.
Answer Policy: I choose answers to my questions based on which person best provides an informative and insightful answer. I am not interested in whether an answer is the longest or most popular, only that it is correct, on topic, and is backed by canon sources.
Member for 4 years, 6 months
25 profile views
Last seen Jul 16 at 20:57
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 36.2k 36.2k 2525 gold badges136136 silver badges323323 bronze badges
- History 917 917 11 gold badge88 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Astronomy 732 732 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Area 51 577 577 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 510 510 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 101 Which Sci-Fi work first showed Nuclear Weapons?
- 89 If the Galactic Empire had over 25,000 Star Destroyers, why were only 27 at the Battle of Endor?
- 84 How did Sauron feed the armies of Mordor?
- 78 Why does Smaug have 4 legs in the 1st movie but only 2 legs in the 2nd?
- 70 Could the Marauder's Map show creatures whose feet don't touch the ground?
- 66 Why did the Jedi serve a corrupt Republic?
- 65 Why didn't the Marauder's Map show Mad Eye Moody hidden in the trunk?
- View more network posts →