I'm a freelance writer, editor, creative director, violinist, and puzzle master. I've worked in publishing for years, nay, decades, and, in the past, was first a systems engineer and then a project manager before making the leap from state to church.
I've been an avid reader since I was a small clone. When my second or third grade teacher told me I was reading too many science books and ordered me to stop, I started reading science fiction.
Although I'm very much an amateur, I love open freshwater swimming. Last summer, I managed one to two miles almost every fair day. My record is a little over three miles. I'm not particularly fast, but I'm steady. On my best days, it feels like meditation, as my thoughts fall away and there is just the swimming.
New York, NY, United States
Member for 4 years, 4 months
22 profile views
Last seen Nov 20 '16 at 8:33
Top network posts
- 37 Who was the earliest female science fiction writer?
- 18 SF short story ID, written 40s—60s, primitive aliens who are much smarter than us
- 15 Scientists accidentally breed super-intelligent mice
- 14 Two men have to populate a planet by themselves
- 12 Inspiration or antecedent for title of Heinlein's "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress"?
- 12 1970s SF novel, story ID, eco war between insects & plants on one side, people on the other
- 12 Longer version of Robert Heinlein's 1951 "The Puppet Masters"
- View more network posts →