"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623 – 1662)
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding." ~ Abraham Kaplan (1918 – 1993), The Conduct of Inquiry: Methodology for Behavioral Science, 1964, page 28.
"All that is complex is not useful; all that is useful is simple." ~ Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919 – 2013)
"The cost of a mistake is the time required to correct it. With powerful languages and good programming environments, this cost can be greatly reduced. Programming style can then depend less on planning and more on exploration." ~ Paul Graham (1964 – ), ANSI Common Lisp, 1995.
- Stack Overflow 13.3k 13.3k 88 gold badges7878 silver badges108108 bronze badges
- Skeptics 4.6k 4.6k 22 gold badges2828 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Super User 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Arqade 926 926 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 797 797 99 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 141 Display a decimal in scientific notation
- 129 Error in slick.js: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of null"
- 124 How do I use raw_input in Python 3
- 108 How to pad zeroes to a string?
- 94 How do I set headers using python's urllib?
- 80 Does America not lead the world in mass shootings?
- 48 Did JFK earn $150,000 a year as president, and donate it all to charity?
- View more network posts →