I am former Chairman of the Royal Society for putting things on top of other things. My former Display name here was NSNoob (It still is on other SE communities). I am also a die-hard fan of ASOIAF by George R.R. Martin. Since 2013 there hasn't been a single day when I haven't read, played, watched some ASOIAF related work.
My super-power is not minding spoilers at all.
ASOIAF excerpt of
the Day Whenever-the-mode-strikes-me:
"I know that she spent her childhood in exile, impoverished, living on dreams and schemes, running from one city to the next, always fearful, never safe, friendless but for a brother who was by all accounts half-mad … a brother who sold her maidenhood to the Dothraki for the promise of an army.
I know that somewhere out upon the grass her dragons hatched, and so did she. I know she is proud. How not? What else was left her but pride? I know she is strong. How not? The Dothraki despise weakness. If Daenerys had been weak, she would have perished with Viserys. I know she is fierce. Astapor, Yunkai, and Meereen are proof enough of that. She has crossed the grasslands and the red waste, survived assassins and conspiracies and fell sorceries, grieved for a brother and a husband and a son, trod the cities of the slavers to dust beneath her dainty sandaled feet."
My Standard Response when someone says that Tywin Lannister did something Evil
That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, it wasn't a big deal.
And if it is, it's not his fault.
And if it was, he did not mean it.
And if he did, they deserved it.
Oh and I love the Polish Winged Hussars even though I am not Polish!
Member for 3 years, 9 months
88 profile views
Last seen 15 hours ago
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 43.4k 43.4k 1818 gold badges255255 silver badges288288 bronze badges
- History 6.4k 6.4k 3939 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.4k 4.4k 55 gold badges3030 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 2.9k 2.9k 1919 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Politics 1.2k 1.2k 44 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 160 Why did Eddard Stark keep Catelyn in the dark?
- 119 Why were the Night's Watch required to be celibate?
- 114 Does the chess challenge in Philosopher's Stone adjust to the player's ability?
- 103 Who is now the Lord of Casterly Rock?
- 91 Is there any known bastard daughter in Westeros?
- 90 How did Jon Arryn actually find out about "the strong seed"?
- 78 Why did Daenerys say this in "The Queen's Justice"?
- View more network posts →