"This car makes me want to weep, and then die." Tim Curry as Nigel St. Nigel -- American Duos episode of Psych -- EP01 S02
"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore -- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
"No reward is worth this." -- Han Solo -- Star Wars: A New Hope
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -- Albus Dumbledore -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Because it sometimes comes up: Yes, I am female. Guilty pleasures include impolite swear words, the rare dirty martini with extra olives, Steampunk, all things gothic, Goth/EBM/Industrial music, and dark, smokey clubs. Stealth eldergoth. I appreciate black clothing, black humor, real books, excessive semi-colons, and effective sarcasm. INFJ, if you're into that sort of thing. Regarding social niceties, I'm pretty uncomplicated: "We be nice to them if they be nice to us." I like words and people. I'm not a programmer, not a "woman in tech," and I don't speak code. Fandom: Harry Potter. I also like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG, and SGA. My rep comes exclusively from Harry Potter Q&A, except for a smattering of points from Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. If I were to brag about something, I would tell you I was the first user to earn a tag badge in Harry Potter and the first user to earn a tag badge at all on this site. Oh, and I'm DVK-in-exile's partner in crime. Gmail. Scroll down for pictures!
‘Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?’
Severus Snape to Albus Dumbledore - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
^ J.K. Rowling, via Pottermore, affirms what I've known since the first time I read Philosopher's Stone: I'm pretty sure I'd be in Slytherin ... Oh, yes, I definitely would be ... And, yes. I'm still bitter about the house cup.
"*Oh! Hello, Harry ... Long time no see ... *"
Moaning Myrtle to Harry - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya - The Princess Bride
Or perhaps in Slytherin // You’ll make your real friends // Those cunning folk use any means // To achieve their ends ...
Seeker to Seeker ...
Infested with Nargles
Member for 8 years, 2 months
630 profile views
Last seen Jun 6 '19 at 19:12
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 153.9k 153.9k 113113 gold badges639639 silver badges863863 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 339 339 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 293 293 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Music Fans 243 243 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 160 Why didn't the basilisk bite in Chamber of Secrets destroy the Horcrux?
- 158 Why didn't Sauron become invisible while wearing the One Ring?
- 149 Why didn't the basilisk bite in Chamber of Secrets destroy the Horcrux?
- 143 Why isn't there ever any mention of the Americas in Harry Potter?
- 110 Is Slytherin Evil?
- 106 How did Harry become a Horcrux?
- 102 Why Does Samwise Gamgee Call Frodo Baggins 'Mr. Frodo'?
- View more network posts →