"This car makes me want to weep, and then die." Tim Curry as Nigel St. Nigel -- American Duos episode of Psych -- EP01 S02
"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore -- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
"No reward is worth this." -- Han Solo -- Star Wars: A New Hope
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -- Albus Dumbledore -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
So, I'm probably around 90% retired from Q&A, but I still check in from time to time. I am proud to be the first member of this site to win a gold tag badge in Harry Potter. As well, I am proud to have found myself in the top ten of site users for all these many years. I am grateful for the many friendships I've found here. It makes me smile to see newer users nipping at my heels - one must pass the baton! Yes, I am female. I like impolite swear words, the rare dirty martini with extra olives, Steampunk, all things gothic, Goth/EBM/Industrial music, and dark, smoky clubs. Stealth eldergoth. I appreciate black clothing, black humor, real books, and effective sarcasm. INFJ, if you're into that sort of thing. Regarding social niceties, I'm pretty uncomplicated: "We be nice to them if they be nice to us." I like words and people. Fandoms: My rep comes almost exclusively from Harry Potter; I have also earned a smattering of points from Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I'm DVK-on-Ahch-To's partner in crime. Now pictures!
‘Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?’
Severus Snape to Albus Dumbledore - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
^ J.K. Rowling, via Pottermore, affirms what I've known since the first time I read Philosopher's Stone: I'm pretty sure I'd be in Slytherin ... Oh, yes, I definitely would be ... And, yes. I'm still bitter about the house cup.
"*Oh! Hello, Harry ... Long time no see ... *"
Moaning Myrtle to Harry - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya - The Princess Bride
Seeker to Seeker ...
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 160.1k 160.1k 135135 gold badges667667 silver badges884884 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 338 338 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 323 323 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Music Fans 263 263 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 167 Why didn't the basilisk bite in Chamber of Secrets destroy the Horcrux?
- 162 Why didn't Sauron become invisible while wearing the One Ring?
- 159 Why didn't the basilisk bite in Chamber of Secrets destroy the Horcrux?
- 144 Why isn't there ever any mention of the Americas in Harry Potter?
- 114 Is Slytherin Evil?
- 109 How did Harry become a Horcrux?
- 103 Why Does Samwise Gamgee Call Frodo Baggins 'Mr. Frodo'?
- View more network posts →