Mathematician. Reader. Writer. Riddler.
I do what I can to be a class act,
Though I fear that detractors shall ever detract.
I pay them no heed; they're not worth my time
(except to disparage them briefly in rhyme).
Co-creator of the Riddler's Den, where stylised riddles were published each Friday, along with solutions, during 2015 and 2016. Currently undergoing maintenance, but all existing published riddles still available. You can check your solution on the site, as well as email us with your own riddles or to request personalised riddles from us.
Moderator of Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange, where I try to be always present in case of need, while not obtrusive or trigger-happy. Joined for the fantasy novels, learned about other things by osmosis. Also a fan of many fantasy novels sadly underrepresented here: ping me in chat for recommendations.
- Don't believe my top tags. The Harry Potter books are OK but don't deserve all the hype. I've never seen Star Wars.
the-wheel-of-time: I am Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, the Car'a'carn, He Who Comes With The Dawn, the Coramoor, Shadowkiller, Prince of the Dawn, and True Defender of the Light:
Tennant > Capaldi > Eccleston > Smithand
Donna > Rose > Martha > Clara > Amy.
- the-hunger-games: I'm the site's top expert, apparently.
Six-figure-rep user of Puzzling Stack Exchange. This is an SE site unlike any other: 'questions' are usually puzzle challenges created by the OP and 'answers' are solutions. Come on over to partake in riddles, maths and logic puzzles, wordplay, games, and much more! Many of the puzzles on the site are incredible works of art created by extraordinary minds, awe-inspiring to read even if you have no clue how to solve them. (Traditionalists can also ask real questions about puzzling instead.)
Moderator of Literature Stack Exchange. If you enjoy reading - any kind of literature, be it novels, short stories, plays, poetry, comic books, song lyrics, essays, speeches, or anything else - do come on over! You can help us to solve some unanswered questions, or post your own questions, or join us in chat. It's a small site, but we have some great quality Q&A, as well as regular reading challenges which anyone can join. So little time, so much to read ...
- Science Fiction & Fantasy♦ 125.1k 125.1k 5656 gold badges552552 silver badges759759 bronze badges
- Puzzling 109.1k 109.1k 2121 gold badges298298 silver badges589589 bronze badges
- Literature♦ 53.3k 53.3k 1616 gold badges155155 silver badges343343 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 24k 24k 99 gold badges5050 silver badges106106 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 7.5k 7.5k 33 gold badges4141 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 195 Why is JK Rowling considered 'bad at math'?
- 193 Harry Potter: Why 7?
- 167 Let's hold language in comments to the same standard as posts
- 163 Does Katniss depict proper handling of a bow?
- 159 In-universe, is Aslan actually Jesus?
- 158 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 151 Why doesn't Harry live with the Weasleys?
- View more network posts →