GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 5 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 1 at 16:48
- Stack Overflow 166.7k 166.7k 2626 gold badges263263 silver badges419419 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4.9k 4.9k 1616 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Super User 3.1k 3.1k 1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.6k 2.6k 1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.3k 2.3k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1843 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 400 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 275 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 199 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 187 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 147 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- 122 Why does this delay-loop start to run faster after several iterations with no sleep?
- View more network posts →