Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 1 month
24 profile views
Last seen Jul 15 at 19:36
- Space Exploration 70.8k 70.8k 44 gold badges204204 silver badges305305 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 28.9k 28.9k 44 gold badges103103 silver badges143143 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 12k 12k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Aviation 261 261 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Super User 253 253 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 104 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 84 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 69 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 67 The boy at the bottom of the river who spent 2,000 years looking at a statue of an angel?
- 63 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- 63 Why didn't NASA use the shuttle to make a profit?
- 57 ISS Structural Integrity
- View more network posts →