Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 7 months
25 profile views
Last seen Jan 11 at 22:32
- Space Exploration 93.8k 93.8k 55 gold badges293293 silver badges404404 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 31.6k 31.6k 44 gold badges109109 silver badges155155 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 14.4k 14.4k 99 gold badges4141 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Aviation 393 393 11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 307 307 77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 110 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 87 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 86 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 74 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 73 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 71 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 69 The boy at the bottom of the river who spent 2,000 years looking at a statue of an angel?
- View more network posts →