Retired human spaceflight engineer / Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
"There are a small group of individuals who spend their days and nights trying to find the weak points in NASA’s human spaceflight program. This diabolical and insidious team has penetrated the most secure sectors of the space agency and they gather their information from the inside. I personally have confronted this organization and can attest to their manipulative and devious behavior.
My fellow Flight Directors have termed them “the dirty slime ball [expletive deleted]s.” Their name: the integrated training team. Their leader: Sim sup." -Wayne Hale
"The most devious, machiavellian, outrageously disgraceful people you can ever encounter in a training program are known as simulator supervisors, Sim Sups." -Dr. David Baker
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
-last words of Kit Carson
Member for 6 years, 9 months
29 profile views
Last seen Apr 7 at 21:32
- Space Exploration 133.7k 133.7k 77 gold badges433433 silver badges582582 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 37.5k 37.5k 44 gold badges135135 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 17.6k 17.6k 99 gold badges5050 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Aviation 851 851 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Super User 480 480 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 124 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 90 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 89 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 77 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 74 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 74 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 70 The boy at the bottom of the river who spent 2,000 years looking at a statue of an angel?
- View more network posts →