I'm not a capital-F science fiction "Fan", I just read a lot of the stuff, mostly straight-up SF and urban fantasy. And watch a lot of the movies. And a lot of TV shows.
OK, I'm a geek. But I'm not a "Fan".
I tend to prefer "soft" science fiction over "hard". I also have a fondness for author's first novels and one-hit-wonders; something about the freshness and enthusiasm they bring to the genre.
Member for 7 years
13 profile views
Last seen Mar 31 '17 at 0:12
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 26.5k 26.5k 55 gold badges8484 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 392 392 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 278 278 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 101 101 22 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 76 What does the end of "The Nine Billion Names of God" signify?
- 67 Why didn't Sauron guard Mount Doom?
- 61 Why was Sting able to kill the Mirkwood spiders with ease, but not Shelob?
- 54 Would the One Ring have stayed hidden if Bilbo hadn't turned up?
- 53 Which seven kings does Saruman think Gandalf wants to control?
- 52 Demons are summoned by doing math
- 48 What is the science-fiction tradition of flying cars having their wheels turned sideways?
- View more network posts →