Sys-admin in a big international company, with some related programming on the side. (Mainly C, C#, C++, SQL and a lot of CMD and AutoIt scripting. I don't like PowerShell and avoid it as much as possible.)
Been in the computing business since the 80's. Ultrix, VMS, Aix, Linux, Windows. These days mainly the last 2.
For personal use I prefer a Mac.
Hobbies include: Programming (open source), working on classic sport-cars and bikes (have an Harley) and reading (mainly SF & Fantasy).
Member for 5 years, 6 months
1 profile view
Last seen Aug 16 at 10:41
- Super User 18.2k 18.2k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Server Fault 5.9k 5.9k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.4k 1.4k 99 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Aviation 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge77 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 115 Why is X11 forwarding so inefficient?
- 108 Would a random passenger be allowed to fix a problem with a commercial aircraft?
- 104 Why is Spaceballs specifically numbered Chapter XI?
- 104 What are the holes on the sides of a computer case frame for?
- 94 Someone wants to send me cash by DHL. How's this scam supposed to work?
- 77 Possible distance travelled by horse over 6 weeks?
- 56 How should I respond to absurd observations from customers during software product demos?
- View more network posts →