I've been writing code since I was six years old. I spent nearly twenty years in the tech industry, including nine years working on software for environmental science, as well as more than five years working at Google, where I worked on the Google My Maps team and later on the Google Apps Framework team.
In 2017, I left Silicon Valley to focus on personal and spiritual interests, and today I am a full-time religious minister of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Besides being fluent in English and American Sign Language, I know too many programming languages to count. Some of my favorites include Java, Python, and C#, although I'm also known to nerd out about functional languages and complex type systems.
In my spare time, I play guitar and read voraciously.
Member for 9 years, 6 months
9 profile views
Last seen Feb 10 '19 at 3:03
- Stack Overflow 52.7k 52.7k 1212 gold badges8787 silver badges128128 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Information Security 865 865 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 291 291 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 209 209 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 2341 How to create a memory leak in Java?
- 584 Why does comparing strings using either '==' or 'is' sometimes produce a different result?
- 509 Why does one use dependency injection?
- 298 Should the solution be as generic as possible or as specific as possible?
- 116 Create instance of generic type in Java?
- 107 Java says the year 0 is a leap year but year 0 never existed
- 106 Java Equivalent to Python Dictionaries
- View more network posts →