I'm data scientist, software developer, computer book author, entrepreneur. I'm director at QQ Trends, a company that solves difficult data and software challenges for our clients. Lots of machine learning, especially NLP-related, recently. (We sometimes have freelance projects, so get in touch if interested.) (Contact me at dc at qqtrend dot com: please mention you are coming from StackOverflow, so I know it is not spam.)
My first book was "Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE", with O'Reilly, 2014 (ISBN: 978-1449371937). Old by computer standards, but the standard has been stable, so surprisingly still useful. My second book, at the end of 2016, also with O'Reilly, was Practical Machine Learning with H2O (ISBN: 978-1491964606).
All my Stack Overflow and all my Stack Exchange contributions (across all sites) are dedicated to the public domain or available under the CC0 license at your choice. I don't like viral licenses.
Easy ways to irritate me on StackExchange sites (whether my own question or someone else's): 1. Downvote without a comment (N/A if someone already left a comment and you just agree with it, of course); 2. Answers in comments. Other than that I'm an easy-going and pragmatic guy :-)
Member for 1 year, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 30 at 14:00
- Stack Overflow 23.4k 23.4k 1212 gold badges8989 silver badges183183 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 834 834 22 gold badges88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Information Security 731 731 55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 170 Image Processing: Algorithm Improvement for 'Coca-Cola Can' Recognition
- 59 Where do you store your personal private GPG key?
- 56 Apply function to each column in a data frame observing each columns existing data type
- 46 Setup ubuntu server to send mail()
- 36 PHPUnit: Test array of objects
- 34 PhantomJS doesn't send authentication header
- 33 Show correlations as an ordered list, not as a large matrix
- View more network posts →