Very often we get questions which have very (IMO) generic and un-descriptive title. This is mainly the case for story-identification questions. For example:
- 90s fantasy book need id
- What is the TV show from 80s or 90s?
- Book with eye on cover
- Need help finding fantasy book series?
The problem being that these titles are not useful for people who have the same problem.
Some non-story-identification examples:
- Difference between cloning methods?
- Cloning methods where? What Universe?
- What canon is this referring to?
- Is she able to kill with a mirror?
- Who can kill with a mirror?
What are some guidelines to use, especially to help newer users improve their questions' titles?
Some related extra reading:
- When Should We Edit a Title?
- Abbreviations in question-titles, okay?
- Are spoiler edits becoming excessive?
- Is it okay to have spoilers in question titles?
Please note, this question is not designed to single-out any particular user/question; rather to solve a supposed problem. The examples are merely that: examples!
I also understand that some of the examples are IMO poorly titled, you may disagree.