How do we deal with questions about rumors and release dates?
Recently, even I asked, questions referring to the future or the "future plans of" have been showing up hear and there on our site. Some of these questions are understandable for a long running series, but I don't think these questions add to our knowledge base (if you will). This questions are speculative at best, and may not be given a definitive answer and could change in the future based of obscure contracts and rumors in the media industry.
Should these questions be permitted on our site?
Now I'm not talking about questions about the "future of" a universe (in-universe questions) like "said character did this, what happened afterwards" because it may bring to light some new materials about the universe that many did not discover. Like my Matrix question. I'm asking about the validity of asking questions about the "future production of" or the "future plans of" said franchise.
- Is the Stargate storyline continued after Stargate: Universe?
- Plans for more sequels to Star Wars?
- Are there any plans for a new Babylon 5 series or movies?
- In the Matrix, what happened after the humans and the robots formed a truce?
- In the novels, what happens to the Doctor and the others on Voyager after it returns home?