Please check the following main meta question about what parts of the Tour and Help Centre are editable in detail. For a quick rundown though:
- Tour: Introduction paragraph
- Tour: The "Ask about..." and "Don't ask about..." bullets
- Help Centre: Introduction paragraph
- Help Centre: /help/on-topic full page
These sections are woefully out of date, with the Tour sections not having been edited since 2013 (the first revision) and so don't mention various things they probably should. One of the most notable being the Future Works Policy, especially since it's now a close reason itself!
Should we edit these sections? If so, some things to think about:
- What needs to be mentioned for "Ask about..." and "Don't ask about..."
- There's no real detail about answering in the Tour, do we want to hack something into the Tour intro?
- /help/on-topic is completely editable, we can (ab)use this for mentioning off topic info as well
- Do we want to personalise the site more with information in the Help Centre's introduction?
Note that something similar is being done over on Code Review for an idea that we're not really limited markdown-wise that I know of.
Please use the below community wiki answers to provide changes and the comments there to discuss any changes further.