I recently asked this question about The Truman Show. There are three close votes saying it’s off-topic. Is The Truman Show a work of science fiction or fantasy?
Many things make this film on-topic. A few:
- The giant dome built that a whole (fake) city fits in.
- It is shown that real lighting storms can be created in it.
- It’s pretty dystopian.
- Truman is effectively owned by the company making the show, and they have gotten away for it for 30 years.
- Even without tech like the dome, dystopias are on-topic here.
- According to Valorum’s answer to my question on Main, a magazine is shown out of the dome as having a date of 1999—the movie is from 1998—so it obviously takes place at least a year in the future.
- Wikipedia describes it as a "satirical science fiction film".