I'm trying to find the title of this animated movie, but I'm dubious if I can post the question in the main thread (the subject is similar to Dr Strangelove, so it is very borderline).
So the question is if I can. There were some clearly impossible things that happened, but usually happened for laughs.
I watched it in the early 90s, but probably it was a lot older (seemed '70s or early '80s).
The things I remember (I could only watch the final part):
- it was a parodistic cartoon
- The drawing style was similar to cartoons like Rocky and Bullwinkle (but no anthropomorphic animals), almost surely American
- The plot revolved about somebody trying to launch a nuclear missile to Soviet Union to start a nuclear war
- The day was saved by a sergeant (dressed as a clown), who found himself on the missile and, I think, a janitor
- During the crisis, the president of the USA continued to receive phone calls from his wife asking him to buy something before coming home