Several questions about Star Wars: The Force Awakens were closed because they weren't answered by that film, but people thought that sequels might answer them. The sequel The Last Jedi is now out and some people have seen it already. What should we do with all those questions now?
Should we reopen each of them, hoping that The Last Jedi might answer them, then after many of us see the film and read the novel and other supplementary materials, close them again if it seems that the answer will likely be given Episode 9?
I don't know what the best solution is. But please don't keep questions closed just because they don't seem to be interesting enough and it's easier to leave them forgotten in the cracks in the "future works" state. That's not how we want to manage our site!
Here are some questions that might be closed this way.
For a few of these, it's unclear if they're closed because we expect a future work to answer, or for some other reason.
- Are Rey and Luke Skywalker Connected? : Valorum says close for future works. This got reopened for half a day, then closed again.
- Who owned the starship that abandoned Rey on Jakku in her vision? : comments suggests it might be answered in later works
- Who is left to fight in Star Wars episodes 8 onwards? : explicitly asks about episode 8, which is now released
- Who is Finn's father? : unclear why it's closed, but could be answered in later works
The following questions were listed in this question but are now reopened:
- How did C-3PO's golden arm get to Maz Kanata? : dunraven's answer and KutuluMike's question explicitly says to close as future work and reopen it later
- Is there any canon information about the state of the galaxy by the time of “The Force Awakens”? : user8719 says in his answer that an answer might be available in the series of three novels of which the first two have already been released
- Why is Kylo Ren separated from the other Knights Of Ren? : Valorum says close for future works
- How did Kylo Ren know how to obtain Darth Vader's helmet/skull? : could be saved by editing so it asks only one question about later works
- Was Rey's memory wiped? : DVK's comment suggests it might be answered in later works