Currently, our tags can be a maximum of 25 characters. Maximum tag length on Literature has been increased to 32 characters.
The theoretical limit is 35, according to Shog9.
This can be increased, but only up to a maximum of 35 characters. (...)
I increased the allowed length to 32 (...)
Can we please increase our maximum tag length to 35 characters, so we can properly tag questions about the classic do-androids-dream-of-electric-sheep?
Add examples of tags that would benefit from an increased maximum tag length below:
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (35 characters)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (28 characters)
- The Curse of the Black Pearl (28 characters), although that's relatively minor
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (28 characters)
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (31 characters)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (32 characters)
For the other films, removing "Indiana Jones and" is enough to pare it down to below 25 characters (although raiders-of-the-lost-ark needed to lose "the" as well), but doing that here still leaves us with 28 (when removing "the") or 32 characters.
I think it would be best if and when the tag length limit is increased, to open up a new question on meta, put specific cases as answers, and let the mods work their magic.