I recently noticed that the titles tag is being used inconsistently. The tag wiki excerpt says:
Questions dealing with title/honorifics of certain characters in SFF works.
But while some of the tagged questions are indeed about titles of fictional characters:
- Why are Stannis and Renly never referred to as "Prince"?
- What's the origin of referring to female superior officers as "sir"?
- What Does the Title "Ama" Mean in Wicked?
... others are about titles of works of sci-fi or fantasy instead:
- Why is Cloud Atlas named 'Cloud Atlas'?
- Why the title "Goblet of Fire" for book 4?
- What specifically does the "awakens" in "The Force Awakens" refer to?
The questions tagged titles are roughly evenly split (8 vs 9) between these two different types of usage. Either one would be fine as a way of using a tag called titles, but we can't really keep using both: a given tag should have a single clear, unambiguous usage guidance.
Let's make a decision on this. There are few enough questions with this tag that it won't take long to retag half of them by hand if necessary.