Why has it been reopened?
Sorry about that. The question has now been re-closed.
But since you asked why, here's the full sequence of events:
- Hamlet originally posted the question on the old Literature Stack Exchange, back in 2011. (Notice that the answer is from someone with a greyed-out username, as happens with migrated posts.)
- When the old Literature Stack Exchange was closed down in 2012, the question was migrated here to SFF as part of this effort to save useful questions from there.
- A new incarnation of Literature Stack Exchange restarted just now in 2017. Yay, great news, but it caused the links to break on all questions from Lit.1 which had been migrated to other sites: the "migrated from ..." banner links to a page on http://literature.stackexchange.com, but of course that page is now a totally different question on the new Literature site.
- This issue was raised on Literature meta, and Shog9 provided the solution: "If you come across these, flag 'em and ask a moderator to clear the migration history."
- A user flagged the Animal Farm question for this reason, so I cleared the migration history as requested. Apparently this also had the unexpected side-effect of reopening the question.
TL;DR: it was an accident. Thanks for spotting it.