The author-identification tag is a mess.
Most of the questions under them are apparently just asking to identify a work (or series or collection) of sci-fi or fantasy. Most of them are also tagged story-identification, some aren't. IMO those should be tagged with story-identification and don't need this extra tag.
- A book maybe called Prison Planet, thought author was Alex Jones ? Not sure
- Looking for a sci-fi / fantasy book about a boy named Flea
- Name of the author who wrote "Killer"
- Which story includes huge, neutral-buoyancy Jovian life forms, and a sinking earth ship?
- An astronaut drops candy wrapper on planet surface - "slime" seeking phosphorus almost gets it
- Galactics trade with Native Americans, unknown to rest of humanity
- Short story from 60's or before about building infinite energy source from rubbish pile
- Trying to find out the title of a sci-fi book where characters filter sensations through animals
- Looking for Author of a book I cannot find I believe was called "X/Y"
- Looking for story about how reflection in mirror is a parallel society that has to mimic us because they "lost a war ages ago" - this is an unusual one, it wants to identify a story mentioned in what seems like a non-fiction radio show or something.
- Movie where written messages are transmitted to someone's vision to help them avoid capture
- Short poignant 1960's era sci-fi story about space shuttle crewman's infatuation with captain
- Science fiction book based on a Jupiter-sized wandering/rogue planet?
- Title and Author of a novel regarding 'A Common Enemy'
- Fantasy Novel, with review blurb by Ursula Le Guin
- Looking for more data on a vampire novel named *Fourteen* including author
- What is the tilte of Fantasy Genre Novel with 2 brothers (the sons of satan), female author?
- Who wrote a story called "Rule Golden"
- Books similar to The Lord of the Rings: dark elves, different gods, Thommas, red-haired woman
- Possibly 80's scifi/fantasy book about tattooed courtesans and a memory potion
- Short sci-fi story of PLAN devised by marooned spaceship pilot to save paradise world from development
- Forgotten YA female sci-fi author 80s/90s
- Does anyone know the book "The Eagle Flies Over England"?
- Name of author who wrote books for pre-teens and teens about "classic" sci-fi and horror movies
- Who wrote "Pate de Fois Gras"?
- Alien surface transport that walks, not rolls
- Who wrote "How Much for Just the Planet"?
- Which British author wrote about Shellworlds before Iain M. Banks?
- Fantasy book where a young prince becomes a mage
- Fantasy book where main protagonists are brothers. One a warrior, the other a mage.
- Gilgamesh and Lilith, 2 different books by the same female author
- Former slave girl repeats a message subliminally implanted by a former soldier and eventually joins the army
- Who is the author of the following stories?
- Looking for a series of short stories about soldiers who had prescient abilities
- Looking for a movie about a contaminated spaceship travelling to an 'Earth like' planet
- Looking for patronage era European scifi scientist/inventor male author?
- Juvenile SF series, 1970s, white covers with thin Futura text, female author?
- Trying to find author of short story called Man Alone
- Please help me ID this SciFi story - a group of people captured and absorbed by a goo-like creature on an alien planet
- Sci Fi Book about a sick weak wife cloned and gradually replaced by a robot maid
- Story identification: Singer somehow ends up in a fantasy realm with elves (and stuff)
- Books read in 80s, English mythology with modern twist, male writer
Three of the questions are concerning an already identified work, and are asking for the identity of a contributor, eg. the writer or illustrator or translator or whatever thousand roles people have in the film industry. We already have a tag that collects such questions, actor-identification. That one might be the wrong tag to use from the signpost viewpoint, because if someone asks a question about identifying artists in print comic strips, then that needs comic experts, not movie experts.
- Seeking name credits for pulp SF artists
- Who wrote "The Monsters" short story published by Purnell
- Who created the version of Kilgrave in the Jessica Jones TV series?
Then there are three questions that are on topic, but in neither of the above two categories. You'll have to make individual decisions about these.
- Which author commented that "we all got it wrong" about walking on the moon being televised? CreationEdge suggests history-of for this, and I like that suggestion.
- Quotation about the future of technology being paper - it turns out the answer for this one is a non-fiction essay by Isaac Asimov, but I couldn't have guessed that from the question
- Whose definition of "science fiction" is this?
(I hope I didn't miss any question from the above, but it's possible.)
What tags should all these questions get?